wtorek, 19 kwietnia 2011

Foam blocks

Finally I have decide to extract expaning foam block from the mould. I was really afraid it won't work but it did! Vaseline did a good job, foam didn't stick to MDF, and all the edges were smooth, except for the top which I had to cut by knife and it doesn't look that good, but it's just a test.


The block is super-light, so it's another advantage. And making it from mould means that all the block would be the same which is good. But... Foam is just foam, it's really easy to break and, well, doesn't look amazing. So I thought how to improve this - I made the block from cardboard and filled it with foam which works even better:


Cardboard holds shape and thanks to the foam it's not hollow. Everything is still light. I think that's it.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz